UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA052 - Performance Agreements for Concerts, Lectures, Rental of Films and Various Theatrical or Musical Productions (Service Agreements)
ASSOCIATE VICE CHANCELLOR-ADMINISTRATIVE AND BUSINESS SERVICES
ASSISTANT VICE CHANCELLOR-STUDENT SERVICES (AUXILIARY SERVICES)
DEAN OF STUDENTS
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATIONS
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Performance Agreements for Concerts, Lectures, Rental of Films and Various Theatrical or Musical Productions (Service Agreements)
The authority to execute service agreements was delegated to Chancellors by Presidential Delegation of Authority DA 1058, December 30, 1991, and redelegated to the Vice Chancellor-Administrative and Business Services by Irvine Delegation of Authority IDA 047, July 21, 1995 [superseded by IDA348 2/13/02; IDA435 12/3/07; IDA 491 11/12/09; IDA 508 3/10/11; and IDA 594 9/28/17]. I am redelegating the authority to execute performance agreements for concerts, lectures, rental of films and various theatrical or musical productions, subject to the conditions and limitations listed below, as follows:
To Vice Chancellors and Deans for agreements, not exceeding $2,000, that are sponsored by and/or involve their units, personnel, and/or funds.
To the Assistant Vice Chancellor-Student Services (Auxiliary Services) and the Dean of Students, for agreements, not exceeding $25,000, sponsored by and involving only Student Services, ASUCI, AGS, AMS, units and/or personnel, funded entirely by Student Services, ASUCI, AGS, or AMS funds;
To the ASUCI, AGS, and AMS presidents, jointly with the Executive Director, Student Government Associations, for entering into and executing standard performance agreements and contracts up to and including $1,000, under the following circumstances,
- Agreements and contracts shall be limited to two parties, one of which shall be jointly ASUCI, AGS, or AMS, and the Executive Director, Student Government Associations;
- Events sponsored by ASUCI, AGS, or AMS shall be primarily for the benefit of the Irvine student body as determined by the Vice Chancellor-Student Services or the Dean of Students and shall be in accordance with approved University and campus policies and procedures regarding use of University properties;
- Immediately following execution by both parties, one copy of each executed agreement or contract, with all supporting documentation shall be given to the Dean of Students and one copy retained by the sponsoring association.
To the Associate Vice Chancellor-Administrative and Business Services and the Materiel Manager, for agreements, not exceeding $25,000, that are not otherwise covered in this delegation. This authority does not include approval of funding from any University funding sources for payments specified by such agreements.
Conditions and Limitations
The following conditions and limitations govern the execution of any Performance Agreement:
- Agreements exceeding specified amounts will be referred to the Vice Chancellor or Associate Vice Chancellor-Administrative and Business Services for review and execution.
- The printed form of agreement approved by General Counsel shall be used for all agreements. In the event there is any deviation or change from the printed form, the altered agreement must be submitted to the Material Manager for consideration for approval by General Counsel.
- The executing official shall maintain a copy the agreement as the office of record. A copy of each executed agreement shall be sent to the Accounting Office.
- This redelegation does not apply to film rentals obtained by use of a purchase order or by a University interdepartmental recharge.
This authority may not be redelegated further and supersedes the February 6, 1986 and the December 10, 1987 delegations of authority from Chancellor Peltason on the same subject.
cc: Secretary of The Regents
General Counsel and Vice President for Legal Affairs
Senior Vice President-Business and Finance
Special Assistant, Coordination and Review
Executive Director-UCI Medical Center
Assistant Vice Chancellor-Accounting and Fiscal Services
Counsel to the Chancellor
Director, Internal Audit
Coordinator, Campus Administrative Policies