UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA415 - Visiting Professor Series and Visiting Researcher Series
April 15, 2005
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR RESEARCH
RE: Redelegation - Visiting Professor Series and Visiting Researcher Series
Authority for academic personnel actions was delegated to the Executive Vice Chancellor by the Chancellor in his delegation of authority, dated July 3, 2000 [superseded by IDA 517, 6/19/12]. I am now redelegating part of that authority to you, as specified below:
I am redelegating to Academic Deans the authority to approve all appointments and reappointments for academic appointees to titles in the Visiting Professor and Visiting Researcher series. These appointments or reappointments must conform to University and campus policy.
Effective with this redelegation, the Dean's office has the responsibility for:
- Approval of all initial visiting appointments for candidates who hold a professorial appointment at another institution.
- The appointment should be approved at a comparable rank to that held by the candidate at the home institution.
- Appointees to Visiting Professor title must be assigned to teaching responsibilities for the department.
- Appointments may be for one year or less. Appointments may be renewed for a second year.
- Forwarding copies of appointment and reappointment forms, along with appropriate supporting documentation, to the Academic Personnel Office for post-audit.
Academic Personnel will remain the office of record for these actions.
Actions for appointees that will continue to require review of the Executive Vice Chancellor or the Executive Vice Chancellor's designee are the following:
- Appointments proposed for individuals who do not hold a professorial appointment at another institution.
- Any salary proposed that is beyond the range paid for that rank.
- Reappointment for a possible third consecutive year.
These authorities may not be further redelegated.
Michael R. Gottfredson
Executive Vice Chancellor
|cc:||Special Assistant, Coordination and Review, Office of the President
Assistant Vice Chancellor-Accounting and Fiscal Services
Counsel to the Chancellor
Director, Internal Audit
Coordinator, Campus Administrative Policies