UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA419 - Senate Faculty Appointments
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Senate Faculty Appointments
Authority for academic personnel actions was delegated to the Executive Vice Chancellor by the Chancellor in his delegation of authority, dated July 3, 2000 [superseded by IDA 517, 6/19/12]. I am redelegating part of that authority to you, as specified below.
Effective immediately, I am delegating to Academic Deans authority, within University and campus policy, for the following:
- Appointment of Assistant Professors, Assistant Professors In Residence, and Assistant Professors of Clinical _____, Steps I through III, who are identified following an approved search.
- Appointment of Acting Assistant Professors, Steps I through III, who are identified following an approved search.
All actions approved by the Deans must be consistent with current systemwide and local policies. Within 30 days of the Dean's approval, the original dossier and search should be forwarded to the Office of Academic Personnel, which will remain the office of record for these actions. The Council on Academic Personnel will provide review and written comment on each case. Comments will be provided to the Dean and maintained with the Academic Personnel record.
Authority for the following remains in my office:
- Appointments for Lecturers with Potential Security of Employment.
- Approval of off-scale salaries.
- Any exceptions to policy.
This authority may not be further redelegated.
Michael R. Gottfredson
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
|C:||Special Assistant-Coordination and Review Office, Office of the President
Assistant Vice Chancellor-Accounting and Fiscal Services
Director, Internal Audit
Counsel to the Chancellor
Coordinator, Campus Administrative Policies