UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA468 - Appointments, Promotions, Demotions, Dismissals, and Compensation of Certain Staff Personnel
December 11, 2008
ASSOCIATE VICE CHANCELLOR
AUXILIARY SERVICES AND RESOURCE PLANNING
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Appointments, Promotions, Demotions, Dismissals, and Compensation of Certain Staff Personnel
Staff Policy 30, Salary, sets forth provisions related to staff salary actions. The related authority for appointments, promotions, demotions, dismissals, and compensation of certain staff personnel was delegated to Chancellors by Presidential Delegation DA 2087, on September 15, 1997. Certain authorities were redelegated to me in IDA 467, November 21, 2008 [superseded by IDA 513, February 10, 2012], and I am redelegating these authorities to you.
In accordance with Personnel Policies for Staff Members and Personnel Procedures for UCI Staff members, you are authorized to:
- Approve administrative stipends for temporary assignments that do not exceed 15 percent, the maximum salary of the higher level position when added to the base salary, or one year in duration;
- Approve an appointment rate up to the midpoint of the assigned Managers and Senior Professionals salary range. In consultation with Human Resources, above midpoint appointments for Professional and Support Staff may be approved.
- Approve a salary increase up to 15 percent upon promotion or reclassification for Professional and Support Staff and Managers and Senior Professionals;
- Approve a salary change for a Professional and Support Staff lateral transfer only in consultation with Human Resources and under exceptional circumstances;
- Approve an equity increase to correct an individual Professional and Support Staff position equity problem.
This redelegation supersedes my April 20, 2006, Delegation of Authority (IDA 422) on the same subjects. These authorities may not be redelegated further.
|C:||Chief Campus Counsel
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Human Resources
Director, Internal Audit
Director, Internal Controls
Administrative Policies Coordinator
Personnel Manager, Student Affairs