UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA482 - Amendments to the Capital Improvement Program for Non-State-Funded Minor Capital Improvement Projects
October 23, 2009
ACADEMIC DEANS AND DIRECTORS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, UCI MEDICAL CENTER
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Amendments to the Capital Improvement Program for Non-State-Funded Minor Capital Improvement Projects
The authority to approve amendments to the Capital Improvement Program for non-State funded minor capital improvement projects was delegated to Chancellors in Presidential Delegation DA 2230, September 1, 2009. I am redelegating to Vice Chancellors, Academic Deans and Directors, the University Librarian, and the Chief Executive Officer, UCI Medical Center, the authority to approve amendments for any such project which does not involve:
- The addition of a new project with a total cost in excess of $750,000;
- Any modification in project cost which results in a project costing in excess of $750,000;
- Any significant environmental impact;
- Any substantial program modification of a project previously approved by The Regents or the Vice President-Budget;
- Any project which was denied funding by the State; or
- Any project costing over $25,000 involving Chancellorial residences or offices.
- Any project involving new structures (e.g. trailers) and/or building additions.
The authority may be exercised provided that funds for the approved project are available from non-State sources and will not require Presidential or Regental funding approval under applicable policies governing the use of such funds.
This authority may not be redelegated further and supersedes my May 19, 2006 delegation of authority on the same subject (IDA 424).
Michael V. Drake, M.D.
|C:||Vice President-Budget and Capital Resources
Universitywide Policies Coordinator
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
Associate Vice Chancellor-Budget Office
Associate Vice Chancellor-Design & Construction
Assistant Vice Chancellor-Facilities Management
Assistant Vice Chancellor-Accounting and Fiscal Services
Chief Campus Counsel
Administrative Policies Coordinator