UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA497 - Appointments, Promotions, Demotions, Dismissals, and Compensation of Certain Staff Personnel
January 19, 2010
DIVISION OF UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Appointments, Promotions, Demotions, Dismissals, and Compensation of Certain Staff Personnel
Staff Policy 30, Salary, sets forth provisions related to staff salary actions. The related authority for appointments, promotions, demotions, dismissals, and compensation of certain staff personnel was delegated to Chancellors by Presidential Delegation DA 2087, on September 15, 1997. Certain authorities were redelegated to me in IDA 467, November 21, 2008 [superseded by IDA 513, February 10, 2012], and I am redelegating these authorities to you for all related actions in the Division of Undergraduate Education.
In accordance with Personnel Policies for Staff Members and Personnel Procedures for UCI Staff members, you are authorized to:
- Approve administrative stipends for temporary assignments, not to exceed 15 percent or the maximum salary of the higher level position when added to the base salary [or one year in duration, per IDA 513];
- Approve an appointment rate up to the midpoint of the assigned Managers and Senior Professionals salary range. In consultation with Human Resources, above midpoint appointments for Professional and Support Staff may be approved.
- Approve a salary increase up to 15 percent upon promotion or reclassification for Professional and Support Staff and Managers and Senior Professionals;
- Approve a salary change for a Professional and Support Staff lateral transfer only in consultation with Human Resources and under exceptional circumstances;
- Approve an equity increase to correct an individual Professional and Support Staff position equity problem.
These authorities may not be redelegated.
Michael R. Gottfredson
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
|C:||Assistant Vice Chancellor-Human Resources
Chief Campus Counsel
Director, Internal Audit
Administrative Policies Coordinator