UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA599 - Redelegation - Solicit Certain Extramural Research, Training, and Public Service Contracts and Grants (AOR)
March 12, 2018
DIRECTOR, CONTRACTS AND GRANTS – SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Solicit, Accept, or Execute Certain Extramural Research, Training, and Public Service Contracts and Grants (AOR)
Presidential Delegation of Authority DA 2569 delegated certain authorities to chancellors to solicit, accept, or execute certain contracts and grants for research, scholarly or professional training, or for public service programs relating either to research or to scholarly or professional training, including the signing of related documents as necessary. In Irvine Delegation of Authority (IDA) 596 the Chancellor redelegated to my position – Vice Chancellor for Research – many of the authorities under DA 2569.
I am redelegating to the current (as of the date of this letter) Director, Contracts and Grant–School of Medicine the authority to solicit extramural research, training, and public service contracts and grants in accordance with IDA 596 as detailed below:
- Including the authority to submit School of Medicine proposals to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as an Authorized Organizational Representative (the individual, named by the applicant organization, who is authorized to act for the applicant and to assume the obligations imposed by the Federal laws, regulations, requirements, and conditions that apply to grant applications or grant awards) for grants or cooperative agreements up to a maximum of $6,000,000 in direct costs in any one project year.
- The Executive Director, Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) has assured and affirmed that you possess appropriate knowledge of all applicable University of California, Irvine (UCI), University of California (UC) and NIH policy, guidelines and procedures to act as an Authorized Organizational Representative within the redelegated authority. Therefore, you shall:
- Ensure that you maintain such knowledge throughout the effective period of this redelegation, including ensuring that you remain informed of all changes to UCI, UC and NIH policies, guidelines, and procedures applicable to exercising this redelegated authority, and by attending UCI, UC and external professional contract and grant-related professional development opportunities.
- Participate in all monthly SPA staff meetings and Quality Research Administration Meetings (QRAM), and timely inform the Executive Director, SPA if you are unable to attend, including the reason for not attending.
- Participate in all SPA trainings relevant to this redelegated authority, and timely inform the Executive Director, SPA if you are unable to attend, including the reason for not attending, and to make arrangements to receive any missed training.
- Follow and abide by all SPA internal procedures applicable to the review and approval of NIH proposals.
- Contact SPA for guidance if you encounter representations, certifications, warranties, or terms and conditions with which you are not proficient.
This redelegation is expressly limited as described above.
This redelegation may be revoked at any time by the Vice Chancellor for Research. In addition, this redelegation shall be deemed immediately revoked upon separation of the incumbent as a UCI employee, or upon the effective date of a change in assigned responsibilities that results in the incumbent not being the School of Medicine Dean’s delegated proposal document approver in UCI’s Proposal Development module.
These authorities may not be further redelegated.
Vice Chancellor for Research
|cc:||Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Associate Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Office of Campus Counsel
Vice Chancellor–Health Affairs
Dean–School of Medicine
Sr. Associate Dean, Research–School of Medicine
Assistant Dean, Administration–School of Medicine
Associate Vice Chancellor–Research Administration
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Accounting and Fiscal Services
Director–Extramural Funds Accounting
Executive Director–Sponsored Projects
Associate Director–Sponsored Projects
Supervising Principal Contract and Grant Officer