UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA603 - Lecturers
October 15, 2018
RE: Redelegation of Authority - Lecturers
Authority for academic personnel actions was delegated to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor by the Chancellor in delegation of authority, IDA 517, dated June 19, 2012. I am redelegating part of that authority to you, as specified below:
You have the authority to:
- Approve all initial appointments for Lecturers and for Teachers–Special Programs in your units providing the individual was identified following an approved search, an approved search waiver, or an approved exemption.
- Approve reappointment of Lecturers and Teachers–Special Programs, through the first six years of employment, as long as those reappointments conform to University and campus policy as well as the Non-Senate Instructional Unit Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Effective October 1, 2018, on-cycle on time merit involving standard increase of six percent (6%) for appointees with Continuing Appointments.
The following personnel review actions will continue to require review and approval by the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor or the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor's designee:
- Personnel Reviews involving transition to a Continuing Status and Appointment.
- Merits involving above-standard increase and off-cycle or late review.
- Deferral of Merit review.
- Changes to a previously approved appointment involving layoff, reduction in time, or salary that is not a required salary adjustment in the Non-Senate Instructional Unit Memorandum of Understanding.
The pertinent policies are found in the Non-Senate Instructional Unit Memorandum of Understanding and in the Academic Personnel Procedures.
Effective with this redelegation, you have the responsibility for:
- Maintaining records regarding quarters of service for Lecturers and conducting lecturer reviews in a timely manner as required by Non-Senate Instructional Unit collective bargaining agreement.
- Forwarding copies of appointment, reappointment, or change of appointment forms, along with appropriate supporting documentation, to Academic Personnel for post-audit.
Academic Personnel will remain the office of record for these actions.
These authorities may not be further redelegated and supersede Executive Vice Chancellor Gottfredson's April 15, 2005, delegation of authority, IDA 412, on the same subject.
Enrique J. Lavernia
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
|cc:||Assistant Vice Chancellor–Academic Personnel
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Accounting and Fiscal Services
Office of Campus Counsel