UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA608 - Professional Researcher Series Appointments and Normal Merit Increases
October 24, 2018
VICE DEAN, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS–SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
ASSOCIATE DEANS (if designated by the Dean to approve such Academic Personnel actions)
Re: Redelegation of Authority - Professional Researcher Series Appointments and Normal Merit Increases
Authority for academic personnel actions was delegated to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor by the Chancellor in delegation of authority IDA 517, dated June 19, 2012. I am redelegating part of that authority to you, as specified below.
Effective immediately, you may approve the following:
- Appointments in the Professional Research series at the Assistant rank, providing the individual was identified following an approved search, search waiver, or exemption.
- All normal merits within the Professional Research series.
Note: The definition of "normal merit," in the context of this redelegation, is a merit action based on the department's/unit’s recommendation. If the department/unit proposes a normal merit, then you have the delegated authority to decide for, or against, it. If you decide against a merit increase, you are authorized to make a decision for Reappointment.
By agreement reached at the campus level between the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor and the Council on Academic Personnel (CAP), CAP has agreed to waive its right to review all actions in the Professional Research series.
Actions for appointees in the Professional Research series that will continue to require review and approval by the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor or the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor’s designee are the following:
- Appointments to the Associate or Full Professional Research ranks, providing the individual was identified following an approved search, an approved search waiver, or an approved exemption and promotions (including advancement to Professional Research, Step VI and Professional Research, Above-Scale).
- All Above-Scale merits.
- All cases recommending acceleration.
- All cases recommending reappointment only as proposed by the department/unit.
- Retroactive merit increases and merit increases having an effective date other than July 1.
- All other actions not specifically included in the above redelegation.
All merit actions you approve must be consistent with current systemwide and local policies. Within 30 days of approval, the original dossier must be forwarded to the Office of Academic Personnel, which will remain the office of record for these actions.
This authority may not be further redelegated. This delegation of authority supersedes Executive Vice Chancellor Lillyman’s July 14, 2000, delegation of authority, IDA 319, on the same topic.
Enrique J. Lavernia
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
|cc:||Assistant Vice Chancellor–Academic Personnel
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Accounting and Fiscal Services
Office of Campus Counsel