UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA616 - Approve and Execute Leases
July 1, 2019
VICE CHANCELLOR–DIVISION OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
ASSOCIATE VICE CHANCELLOR, CAMPUS OPERATIONS–DIVISION OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, REAL ESTATE SERVICES–DIVISION OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
RE: Delegation of Authority - Approve and Execute Leases
The following authority was delegated to Chancellors by Presidential Delegation DA 2629 (Item 8), April 5, 2019:
- Approve and execute leases (including exercising renewal options, ancillary documents, amendments, and other modifications to leases), that have:
- a term not to exceed 10 years excluding options when UC is Tenant but including options when UC is Landlord; and
- an initial base annual consideration not to exceed $2 million provided that all commitments with an initial base annual consideration in excess of $1 million shall be memorialized by either:
- a UC Standard Form Lease without material modification, or
- an agreement reviewed by Real Estate Services & Strategies and approved by the Office of General Counsel as to legal form.
- Authority excludes approval and execution of ground leases, and execution of options to purchase.
- Guidance and requirements for the implementation of this authority can be found in the following area of the Facilities Manual: 2.7.8 Requirements to Lease, License, and Granting Easements or Rights-of-Way Under Delegated Authority.
I am redelegating my authority as follows to the:
- Vice Chancellor–Division of Finance and Administration: my full authority;
- Associate Vice Chancellor, Campus Operations–Division of Finance and Administration: authority to execute leases (including renewal options, ancillary documents, amendments, and other modification) as long as the total value of the original or modified lease does not exceed $100,000/year;
- Executive Director, Real Estate Services–Division of Finance and Administration: authority to execute leases (including renewal options, ancillary documents, amendments, and other modification) as long as the total value of the original or modified lease does not to exceed $35,000/year;
provided the indemnity and insurance provisions of the lease agreements have been approved by the campus risk manager.
UCI Real Estate Services shall be the office of record for original executed lease agreements and amendments thereto made pursuant to this delegation.
This authority may not be further redelegated and supersedes my September 1, 2017 delegation of authority on the same subject (IDA 589).
|cc:||UCOP Capital Asset Strategies
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Chief Executive Officer–UCI Health System
Office of Campus Counsel
Associate Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Associate Vice Chancellor, Chief of Staff–Health Affairs
Associate Vice Chancellor–Facilities Management
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Accounting and Fiscal Services
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Design & Construction Services
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Campus Physical and Environmental Planning
Chief Procurement Officer–Procurement Services