PERSONNEL PROCEDURES FOR UC IRVINE STAFF MEMBERS
Procedure 51: Reduced Fee Enrollment
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Issued: November 2002
Personnel Policies for Staff Members
UCI Delegations of Authority
- IDA331, Exceptions to SP 51, Reduced Fee Enrollments for Selected Nursing Employees
- Employees must follow the regular University admissions application process and be accepted for admission to UCI to receive the Reduced Fee benefit for registration in regular session University courses.
- Graduate level courses are subject to taxation. The Technical and Miscellaneous Reform Act of 1998 (TAMRA) has several areas which could have impact on UCI employees who receive reduced fees and/or financial assistance for various courses. University of California undergraduate courses do not fall within TAMRA's provisions.
- The employee Reduced Fee benefit is not available for Summer Session courses.
- Full-time, career status employees who wish to attend UCI Extension courses receive a reduction in the fee for some courses. Current UCI Extension policies apply.
- The Employee Application for Reduced Fees is available in the Human Resources Office. The application must be submitted for each regular session of the academic year for which the employee desires the benefit.
- The completed Employee Application for Reduced Fees should be submitted to the Registrar's Office. Allow sufficient time for the Registrar's Office to produce an electronic fee waiver.
- Employee is required to pay one third of both the University Registration Fee and University Educational Fee, in addition to all other required student fees. Payment for the balance of the registration fees is due to the Central Cashier's Office by the registration deadline.
All regular status staff members, except employees who are in a bargaining unit that has an exclusive representative (union) and are covered by the applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.