PERSONNEL PROCEDURES FOR UC IRVINE STAFF MEMBERS
Procedure 67: Termination of Career Employees - Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades VIII through IX
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Issued: November 2002
Personnel Policies for Staff Members
- Policy 63, Investigatory Leave
- Policy 67, Termination of Career Employees - Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades VIII and IX
- Policy 71, Resolution of Concerns - Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades VIII and IX
B. Authority and Responsibility
Authority to take actions under this policy rests with the Chancellor.
When a determination has been made to terminate the appointment of a Manager or Senior Professional in Salary Grades VIII or IX, the following decisions also will be made:
- Whether a notice period of termination of up to 60 calendar days will be given and, if so, the length of such notice
- Whether pay in lieu of notice will be given
- Whether termination assistance, in accordance with Policy 67, Termination of Career Employees will be provided and, if so, what will be provided.
Managers and Senior Professionals holding career appointments in Salary Grades VIII and IX.