PERSONNEL PROCEDURES FOR UC IRVINE STAFF MEMBERS
Procedure 82: Conflict of Interest
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Issued: November 2002
Personnel Policies for Staff Members
- Policy 82, Conflict of Interest
UC Business and Finance Bulletins
- BUS-43, Materiel Management, Section III. Part 5 & Section IV. Part 5, Employee-Vendor Relationships
UCI Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Section 680-10, Policy on Gifts and Endowments
- Section 700-09, Policies on Gifts, Gratuities and Conflict of Interest
- Section 712-10, Guidelines for Securing the Services of Independent Consultants
B. Authority and Responsibility
- A department preparing to rent, buy goods or contract for services, which becomes aware of an employee-vendor relationship, shall inform the employee of the need for submission of a report in compliance with BUS-43, Section III. Part 5 & Section IV. Part 5.
- The employee is responsible for submitting a report, in compliance with BUS-43, Section III. Part 5 & Section IV. Part 5, whenever the employee makes a quotation or proposal to the university or upon learning that one has been made by a near relative.
Near relative: Spouse, child, parent, sibling, and in-laws and step-relatives in the same relationships.
All staff members.