UC IRVINE ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Business and Financial Affairs
Sec. 700-30: Policy on International Academic MOUs and Agreements
Responsible Administrator: Assistant Vice Chancellor, Office of Global Engagement
Issued: February 2014
References / Resources
- The Regents of the University of California
- UC Presidential Delegations
- DA 1058, Execution of Agreements
- UCI Administrative Policies and Procedures
- International Agreement Planning Form (IAPF)
Contact: Office of Global Engagement at (949) 824-9705 or email@example.com
The purpose of this Policy is to foster exchanges and partnerships with foreign entities while protecting the University from inappropriate risk and the unauthorized commitment of University resources. This policy mandates a review and approval process and requires that International Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding between UC Irvine and any foreign entity comply with federal, State and University regulations and be vetted by appropriate campus entities as outlined in Section 700-31, Guidelines for International Academic MOUs and Agreements.
Excluded from this Policy are agreements for
- faculty traveling abroad,
- brief visiting lecturers or event speakers,
- the UC Education Abroad Program,
- the conduct of research supported by extramural awards (regardless of whether such support is monetary) and/or involving the use of human or animal research subjects and/or human stem cells,
- the transfer of research materials (either to or from a foreign entity) used in the performance of research supported by extramural awards,
- the development and/or use of University intellectual property,
- the purchase or sale of services or products, and
- exploratory or informal visits by faculty or administrators that are short-term and do not involve the commitment or use of University Assets and Resources.
The types of agreements and activities listed above are subject to and must comply with other applicable federal, State and University regulations and policies.