UC IRVINE ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Sec. 300-01: Human Resources Department
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Revised: March 2011
References / Resources
Contact: Human Resources at HRQuestions@uci.edu or (949) 824-5210
The mission of UC Irvine's Human Resources Department is to integrate human resources into the life and work of the university by providing leadership in the recruitment, retention, and development of the members of the universitycommunity. The department provides a variety of programs and services to campus staff and faculty in all areas of human resources: Benefits, Compensation, Employee and Labor Relations, Employment, Workers' Compensation and Disability, Training and Development, and Wellness.
In order to effectively serve the campus community, the Department is organized into functional-area teams. The listing of team members and telephone directory provide specific contact information. For general information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (949) 824-5210.
- Benefits Unit - Provides consulting, education, and administrative services to faculty, staff, and retirees in the areas of health and welfare programs and retirement and investments.
- Compensation Team - Develops and administers compensation programs to attract, reward, and retain staff.
- Consulting and Labor Relations Team - Provides assistance, advice, and training to campus managers and staff regarding workplace issues.
- Employment Team - Supports and guides hiring departments in the recruitment of career, limited, and temporary staff positions.
- Training and Organizational Development Team - Coordinates, designs and delivers campus-wide professional development and career planning programs for staff and provides consulting services in succession management.
- Workers' Compensation and Disability Management Services (WC/DM) - Provides assistance to employees who sustain work-related injuries or illness, and administers the disability program.
- Wellness - Provides services to faculty, staff, students and retirees that support a balanced and healthy lifestyle in all areas of wellness.