UC IRVINE ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Sec. 480-10: Office of Research
Responsible Office: Office of Research
Revised: December 2011
References / Resources
Contact: Vice Chancellor-Research at (949) 824-5796
The Office of Research (OR) supports, facilitates, and promotes research and technology transfer at UCI. The Vice Chancellor for Research is responsible for campus research policy and administration of a number of research functions including contract and grant administration. OR is UCI's primary institutional agent in administering federal, state, and private foundation regulations and strives to maintain an ethical environment for research.
Official policies and procedures related to research are contained in the OR Research Policy Library.
B. Research Administration
- advises on and provides institutional approval of externally funded proposals
- represents University interests in negotiations and provides institutional signature
- issues subagreements under extramurally funded awards
- oversees compliance with Federal, state and UC research regulations
- provides oversight for care and use of animals as research subjects
- provides oversight for protection of humans as research subjects
- supports the review and management of conflicts of interest to maintain objectivity in research.