Business and Financial Affairs


Sec. 705-12: Guidelines on Correspondence with State and Federal Officials

Responsible Office: University Advancement - Community & Government Relations
Revised: July 2016

References / Resources

Contact: Office of the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Community & Government Relations at (949) 824-0061

When corresponding with local, state and federal officials, University letterhead should be used only when the writer is representing the University; letters expressing personal views should be written on personal stationery.

University letterhead correspondence with elected and appointed local, State, and federal officials and their staff, including government agencies and members of city councils, County Boards of Supervisors, the State Legislature, and the Congress is reviewed with the Office of Community & Government Relations.

A copy of such correspondence is sent to the Sacramento or Washington, D.C. office via the Office of Community & Government Relations which should be informed of any contacts with local, State, and federal offices other than those which are purely routine.