UC IRVINE ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Physical Environment and Properties
Sec. 905-41: Guidelines for Reporting Animal-Related Issues
Responsible Office: UCI Police Department
Revised: May 2012 (reviewed January 2016)
References / Resources
- UCI Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Section 905-40, Policy on Animals on Campus
Contact: UCI Police Department at (949) 824-5223
A. Reporting of Animal-Related Issues on the Irvine Campus
Animal-related issues should be reported to the UCI Police Department:
- Emergencies: 911
- Non-emergencies: (949) 824-5223
Calls from UCI employees to the City of Irvine will be referred back to the UCI Police.
- UCI Police enforces UCI policies and City of Irvine regulations, and handles violations such as leash law violations, barking dogs, animals left in vehicles, and defecation law violations.
- UCI Pest Management handles all non-emergency and selected emergency situations while on duty such as dead animals, confined animals, stray animals, and wild animals.
- City of Irvine Animal Services handles emergency situations such as injured animals, animal bite reports, vicious animals, and sick animals. They may also handle confined or stray animals that cannot be handled by UCI Pest Management.
City of Irvine Animal Services may patrol the UCI campus at their discretion and impound any animal found loose on the premises.