UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA542 - Postdoctoral Scholars
September 19, 2012
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR RESEARCH
RE: Redelegation – Postdoctoral Scholars
Authority for academic personnel actions was delegated to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost by the Chancellor in his delegation of authority dated June 19, 2012. I am redelegating part of that authority to you, as follows:
You are delegated the authority to approve the following actions for individuals appointed in the Postdoctoral Scholar Titles (Title Code 3252, 3253, 3254):
- Initial appointment following an approved search.
- Reappointment with contract required salary increase at 100%, including exception of less than one year due to funding or visa limitations as well as bridging request by a postdoctoral scholar.
- All normal merit increases.
- Leaves of absence with salary or without salary up to 30 days.
All approved actions must be consistent with the applicable collective bargaining agreement as well as systemwide and local policies. Within 30 days of approval, the original dossier and search, if applicable, should be forwarded to the Office of Academic Personnel, which is the office of record for these actions.
Actions for appointees in the Postdoctoral Scholar Titles that will continue to require review and approval by the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost or the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost's designee are the following:
- Initial full-time appointments in Title Code 3252 Postdoctoral Scholar-Employee without an approved search.
- Initial appointments to this series proposed as a change-in-series.
- Reappointments to the sixth (6th) year in the Postdoctoral Scholar Title(s).
- All other actions not specifically included in this delegation.
This authority may not be further redelegated.
Susan V. Bryant
Interim Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
|C:||Vice Provost, Academic Personnel
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Academic Personnel
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Accounting and Fiscal Services
Director, Internal Audit
Chief Campus Counsel
Administrative Policies Officer