UC IRVINE DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
IDA619 - Authority to Solicit and Accept Gifts
August 27, 2019
VICE CHANCELLOR–UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS (UAAR)
ASSOCIATE VICE CHANCELLOR, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION–UAAR
DIRECTOR, GIFT SERVICES–UAAR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, GIFT ADMINISTRATION–UAAR
RE: Delegation of Authority - To Solicit and Accept Gifts
The authority to solicit and accept gifts was delegated to chancellors by Presidential Delegation DA 2631, dated July 11, 2019. I am redelegating to the Vice Chancellor–University Advancement and Alumni Relations, the Associate Vice Chancellor, Finanace and Administration–UAAR; and the Director, Gift Services–UAAR authority to solicit and accept gifts up to and including a value of $5 million, with the exceptions noted below. The Assistant Director, Gift Administration–UAAR, is redelegated authority to accept gifts up to and including a value of $500,000, with the exceptions noted below.
- Regental authorization is required for solicitation or acceptance of any gift that involves exceptions to approved University programs and policies or obligations on the part of the University to expenditures or costs for which there is no established fund source or which require the construction of facilities not previously approved;
- Regental, Presidential or Chief Investment Office authorization, as appropriate, is required for solicitation or acceptance of any gift that involves an interest in real property [Bylaws 23.5(a) and 23.5(d) and Regents Policy 8103].
The authority to act under this redelegation is subject to the following conditions:
- Whenever there is any ambiguity in the terms of a gift proposal or other question as to its legal effect, the matter shall be referred to the General Counsel and Vice President for Legal Affairs for interpretation and advice. If there is any doubt whether gift terms comply with the policies of the University, including those set forth in the Development Reference Guide, the questions shall be referred to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement for interpretation and advice prior to acceptance. Whenever the solicitation or acceptance of a gift might have an effect upon academic programs or Academic Senate responsibilities, the matter must be discussed with the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor and the dean or director of the relevant unit before the gift is accepted.
- Gifts to The Regents shall be accepted, administered, documented, and reported in accordance with established University policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Gifts to Campus Foundations and University Support Groups shall be accepted, administered, documented, and reported in accordance with the existing policies and guidelines.
- Gifts to The Regents or to any unit thereof shall be accepted in the name and become the property of The Regents of the University of California.
- Gifts of $1 million and more to The Regents, the Campus Foundations, and the University Support Groups shall be reported quarterly to the President by the Chancellor.
- Capital improvement projects included in gifts are subject to approval of the site and design of the projects after completion of the environmental impact review process in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act.
For purposes of this delegation, the dollar amount of a gift shall be the amount of cash value actually received; or, if in the form of a pledge, the full amount pledged; or shall be equivalent to the fair market value of securities or personal property.
This delegation of authority does not cover authority to solicit, accept, or execute certain extramural research, training, and public service contracts and grants, which is covered in IDA596, dated November 7, 2017.
This authority may not be further redelegated and supersedes my June 12, 2015 delegation on the same subject (IDA562).
|cc:||General Counsel and Vice President for Legal Affairs
Assistant Vice President–Institutional Advancement
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Chief Executive Officer–UCI Health System
Associate Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Accounting and Fiscal Services
Associate Vice Chancellor–Research Administration
Office of Campus Counsel