UC IRVINE ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Sec. 680: University Advancement
Responsible Office: Resource Planning & Administration, University Advancement
Revised: April 2011
References / Resources
- UC Institutional Development and Development Reference Guide
- UC External Relations
- UC Policies Applying to Campus Activities, Organizations, and Students
- UC Policy and Administrative Guidelines on Support Groups, Campus Foundations, and Alumni Associations
- UCI Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Section 680-10, Policy on Gifts and Endowments
- Section 680-11, Procedures for Processing Acceptance of a Gift/Private Grant
- Section 680-12, Policy on Memorial and Honorary Funds
- Section 700-20, Policy on Use of University Name and Seal
- Section 700-03, Guidelines for Relations of University Employees with State and Federal Officials
- Section 804, Communications Office
Contact: Resource Planning & Administration at (949) 824-8212
The mission of University Advancement is to create awareness, build relationships, and generate support. Advancement provides a bridge between the University and both the on- and off-campus communities with the goal of creating a climate of understanding, support, and access.
The Vice Chancellor-University Advancement reports directly to the Chancellor and is responsible for the following areas: development, gifts and endowments, community and government relations, and the operations of the University of California, Irvine Foundation.
The development operation is a combination of centralized and decentralized programs. The central development staff provides expertise in various fields such as annual giving, planned giving, corporate relations and foundation relations, and supports campuswide initiatives. Decentralized activity occurs when development officers are assigned to units across campus.
See Section 680-10.
B. Gifts and Endowments
University Advancement is responsible for ensuring all gifts to the campus are accepted, recorded, and reported according to University policies and procedures and Internal Revenue Service regulations. University Advancement is also responsible for the implementation of the UC Policy and Administrative Guidelines on Support Groups, Campus Foundations and Alumni Associations.
See Section 680-11.
C. Community and Government Relations
The Office of Community and Government Relations serves as the central resource for campus and unit-based relationships with Orange County’s elected officials, community and opinion leaders.
See Section 700-03.
D. University's Name (Use of)
See Section 700-20.